Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter surprise and a finish

There was a banging on the door (how about using the doorbell?) I dreaded having anyone drop by at that moment, but I looked out the window to get a clue and there was a flower delivery truck! Flowers were delivered to me. I was so touched and surprised. All I could think was "how sweet of Rich (my husband) to do this- he finally gets it!" (gets it meaning "what women love") So, I read the card and it had a very sweet message on it and no signature. I turned it over and it wasn't from him!! Double surprise!! It was from my very dearest cousin- we email every day and I consider her a sister! Here's a picture of my beautiful gift. It's clear she knows "what women love!"






Last night I finally took pictures of my Russian Spring Motif that I finished. It is a lovely and simple design to stitch, but took me a long time to finish. My wrist and shoulder were bothering me so I tried to rest them. All the pics look dark - I didn't take time to edit them but I see now I should have! Ooops!


Russian Motif- Spring
Designer: Olga Teague
28 ct Evenweave - white
You will see different pictures of my new stitching frame called "Grip-n-Stitch". Someone online recommended it and I ordered it all the way from England. I think I told you without the directions it took me forever to get it together properly. As soon as it was snapped together, I opened my binder and there sat the directions. At any rate, I had serious concerns about the holes it makes in the fabric, but the original blogger assured me that they come out by "just running your fingers down the fabric" when you remove it from the frame. Ok..... I was skeptical. I figured the holes are in the extra fabric so don't fret. Well, she was totally right! There was a line of holes, I ran my finger along them and they disappeared! I think I'm going to love this frame!!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy your weekend and that your days are blessed.
Hugs and stitches,
Jean


17 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool stitching frame. Where did you order it from?

The flowers are beautiful!

Theresa said...

Beautiful flowers!!!!! My DH never "gets it" either...... LOL
I love the Russian sampler! The colors are beautiful~ Your new frame looks really cool!!!! I've never seen anything like that before~

Siobhán said...

What wonderful flowers!! My DH doesn't get it either. The last time I got flowers was when I had our twins, about 15 years ago. I got a box of roses thrust at me as he rushed to turn the TV on in my hospital room. :P LOL I love him anyway!!

Your Russian motif is beautiful!

staci said...

Very pretty flowers...what a nice surprise! And your Russian motif is beautiful! Enjoy your new stitching frame!!!

Daffycat said...

Lovely flowers; what a nice surprise!

Have a happy Easter!

Irene said...

Lovely flowers. Your Russian Motif looks nice.

Olga said...

What a pleasant flower surprise!
Sorry to hear about your wrist, shoulder problems - get better soon!
You did a great job on stitching "A Russian Motif, Spring".
Thank you for stitching my design.
Hugs,
Olenka's Stitches

Michele said...

what a sweet flowers! and what a nice surprise too :)

love your finish! it's lovely! sorry you were hurting though, not fun!

glad the frame is working out for you :)

Michele B. said...

Such a pretty design and so beautifully stitched, even if you weren't working at full steam. It must be nice to sit and stitch and look at those lovely flowers. What a nice cousin you have!

Carol R said...

Pretty flowers!
Beautiful Russian motif - love the colours!

Tammy said...

Neat Frame! Your finish is looking so pretty!

Michele said...

hey you .. been missing your blog post .. hope all is well in your corner of the world :)

Michele B. said...

I'm with the other Michele - I miss you and hope everything is okay. Looking forward to seeing what you have been working on!

Olga said...

Hi Jean,
Have not "seen" you for a long time. Hope you are doing fine.
Olga

Teena in Toronto said...

Those flowers are lovely!

Happy blogoversary!

staci said...

Hi Jean, was wondering how you are since I haven't seen you around in a while. Hope things are going well for you and that you are still getting to stitch. {{hugs}}

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job! I don't know if I would have the patience for it.

Happy blogoversary!