Thursday, March 5, 2009

A pressie




Here is a blankie I made to give to my cousin who just had a double mastectomy. I think she might like to have it during her chemo treatments. I bought a new rotary cutter with the wavy edge to finish the edges. In the past I have done different stitching on the edges but it seemed to come out a bit inconsistent as the fabric doesn't feed as evenly as woven fabrics. The fabric here is Blizzard polar fleece and happens to be on sale at Joann's. It has a lot more static than the other brand of fleece I buy so I'll give it a good spray of Static Guard. What did we do before Static Guard? I love it.

I hope all you friends keep up on your mammograms. I'm sorry to say that my cousin let it go for a few years and the cancer is quite advanced. I'm on my soap box because I know that she, like the rest of us, thought it couldn't happen to her. It happens to other people. It's safe to say if she had rescheduled her missed appointment years ago, they would have found it much earlier. We must be our own best care takers. I'm off my soap box (and I hope you listened!!)

Hugs and Stitches!
Jean

3 comments:

Lou's addictions said...

What a great pressie for your cousin. Your right about being our own best care takers, there are so many that take all their time to look after others and put themselves last (me being one of them, but that comes with having two young kiddies).

Tammy said...

I LOVE that scalloped edge on your blanket. Very sorry to hear about your cousin :( . I hope she can make a full recovery. I'm sure your blanket will give her lots of comfort. Thx for stopping by my blog. I'll be sure to keep up with all your lovely projects!

Michele said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I'm sure she'll love the blanket! and that's a very adorable stuffed animal there with it :)