Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where did October go????

I didn't make one Halloween piece which I had all the intention of doing. I am finishing the last row of border on my lapghan to donate to the Soldiers Angels project for the veterans. I usually love crocheting and this project got put on hold many times already! Good thing for deadlines. The original deadline was Nov. 1 and they extended it, but I needed to get closure on this project. I will post a photo when I get home.

My catitude piece is coming along slowly but I am making some progress. That seems to have been put on hold for a few days, too.

Believe it or not, we have seen snow flurries here! It's way too early, but not too early for Rochester NY. We have had Halloweens where my kids had to wear winter coats and boots because it was snowing. Not often, mind you, but those are the Halloweens one remembers, right? This week we will be going from 32 degrees and blustery to a balmy 60 degrees for Halloween. I just hope I bought enough candy. I've been really good and haven't broken out the bag for myself and other hogs in the family!! By Halloween, I usually have to replace the early purchases of candy. Who hasn't done that????

Hope everyone is well. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have time to leave a comment. If not, maybe next time!

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

We just had our first freeze a couple of days ago. Now it will be 76 degrees today, go figure. I am not ready for cold weather.

I'm looking forward to seeing those photos!

Michele said...

wow, it's been getting colder here .. but not quite that cold!

lol I always buy an extra bag of candy .. just so we can break in before the 31st!

Shelleen said...

I am also here in western NY and I also had to bundle up my kids for trick or treating. I remember one year we got a storm as I was heading home. I am out in the country and we don't get any trick or treaters.

staci said...

This past week we've been having gorgeous Indian Summer weather. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be around 77! But I know we'll be in for colder temps before long :)